By enrolling in an Empowered To Run course, you are joining a special nationwide community of civic leaders. The aspiration of Empowered To Run is to empower thoughtful leaders everywhere to run for office successfully and govern effectively. You are a part of the community that will help Empowered To Run achieve this goal. Empowered To Run depends upon your motivation to learn the material and to do so with honesty and academic integrity. In order to participate in our courses, you must agree to the Honor Code below and any additional terms specific to a course or program. This Honor Code, and any additional terms, will be posted on our website.
By registering in a Course, you agree to:
- complete all assessments, problems, homework and assignments with your own work (unless collaboration is expressly permitted);
- acknowledge any and all external sources used in your work;
- refrain from any activity that would dishonestly or fraudulently improve your results or disadvantage others in the Course;
- refrain from disclosing answers to assessments, problems, assignments and homework to others whether created by you, another Account holder or Course instructor or staff;
- be a responsible teammate and communicate with respect with your other teammates if you participate in a Course team;
- maintain only one user account and not let anyone else use your username and/or password;
- and not access or attempt to access any other user’s account, or misrepresent or attempt to misrepresent your identity while using the Services.
This Honor Code is not intended to prohibit discussion of Course material. While students must submit work that is their own, students should feel free to discuss lectures or other Course material with other participants. If you use the Services in a manner that is inconsistent with the Honor Code we might have to suspend or terminate your Account.
If you are found in violation of Empowered To Run’s Terms of Service or Honor Code, you may be subject to one or more of the following actions:
- Receiving a zero or no credit for an assignment;
- Having any certificate earned in the course or program withheld or revoked;
- Being unenrolled from a course or program; or
- Termination of your use of Empowered To Run’s training sites.
- Additional actions may be taken at the sole discretion of Empowered To Run.
No refunds will be issued in the case of any corrective action for such violations.
Honor Code violations will be determined at the sole discretion of Empowered To Run. You will be notified if a determination has been made that you have violated this Honor Code and you will be informed of the corresponding action to be taken as a result of the violation.
Changes to the Honor Code
Please note that we review and may make changes to this Honor Code from time to time. Any changes to this Honor Code will be effective immediately upon posting on the Empowered To Run websites, with an updated effective date. By accessing Empowered To Run websites after any changes have been made, you signify your agreement on a prospective basis to the modified Honor Code and any changes contained therein. Be sure to return to this web page periodically to ensure familiarity with the most current version of this Honor Code.
Effective Date: January 1, 2021.
This Honor Code was adapted from the honor codes of edX and NovoEd.